Garden Art Make and Take
Do you want to add a little glam to your garden? Do you like to recycle found objects? Do you like to do simple crafts? Then this program is for you!
Sign up to make a simple art garden art piece made from recycled items. The class will be presented by Master Gardener, Paula Wadekamper who is enthusiastic about creating fun projects to place in your yard. Please pre-register for this class which is scheduled for Tues, March 26th at 3:00 p.m. This program is open to public and there is a $4.00 fee which includes supplies.
TED Talk Tuesday
Join us on Tuesday, March 26 at 1:30 p.m. for another in the program series we are calling TED Talk Tuesday. What happens on TED Talk Tuesday? We view a TED talk—a short, informative video presentation— followed by a guided discussion with staff from Brookdale Senior Living of Faribault. TED Talks are free and open to public; pre-register by calling 332-7357.
This month we will view and discuss "Physical Wellness". After a career as a dentist and at the age of 85, Dr. Charles Eugster started a personal fitness program that led to his being a Masters Athlete for Great Britain. His inspiration? "You are never too old to try something new." The evidence is clear—physical activity can reduce the risk of chronic disease and can make people feel better, function better, and sleep better.
Joint Pain Program Rescheduled
If you are living with joint pain, you want relief in order to continue doing the things that you enjoy. Come to this free information session to learn about options for hip, leg or knee pain.
Because the original date had to be cancelled due to the weather, you are invited to attend this rescheduled program at Buckham West on Wed, March 20th at 5:30p.m. Please call 332-7357 to reserve a spot.
Will Advice and Estate Planning
Buckham West will be sponsoring a Will Advice Clinic on Tuesday, April 30th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. For this clinic, Mr. Gary Voegele, Attorney at Law, will be available to provide senior citizens with information and direction in the area of wills and other estate planning issues. No wills will be prepared at this clinic. Appointments are required by calling 332-7357. You do not need to be a Senior Center member to access this free service.
- Computer Tutoring at Buckham West each Thursday between 9:30-10:30am. Call 332-7357 to sign up.
- Volunteers needed as drivers for Meals on Wheels! Call Three Rivers at 800-277-8418 or www.threeriverscap.org for more information and to download an application.
- Save big at Fashions on Central's winter clearance sale!
- Ives Theatre in Bloomington to see "Red Herring" on Wednesday, April 10 from 10 am to 5pm. This play is a comedy which includes a love story, a murder mystery and a nuclear espionage plot! $85 includes performance, chicken breast luncheon and transportation.
- Door County, including Washington Island from May 29-June 1. This trip includes three nights at Rowley's Bay, ferry to Washington Island, lots of touring and sightseeing, and an excursion boat outing on Lake Michigan. Reservations can be made now, so pick up a brochure which details the trip, including cost.
- "Mama Mia", at Chanhassen Dinner Theater on Wednesday, July 24 for a matinee performance. Depart at 9:45 a.m. return by 5p.m. Cost is $97, including lunch, the performance and transportation.