Senior Advocate/ Caregiver Advocate office hours at the Senior Center
Services available for clients over age of 60 and/or their caregivers include:
- Benefits Analysis which may result in application assistance for Medical Assistance, Medicare savings programs, Nutrition Assistance and Energy Assistance.
- Care Consultation for caregivers of, or those living with, memory loss including specialized education, screenings and assessment of needs, resource referral and care planning for individuals and/or their caregivers. A free tool kit is currently available through a special caregiver grant.
- General Assistance including needs assessment (includes home visit), community resource referral, education regarding disease progression and continuum of care, problem-solving, and emotional support.
Medication Check-Up with Pharmacist Bill Boyes
When prescription and over-the-counter medicines are taken in the right way, they are safe and effective tools for good health.
A Medication Check-Up provides a review of each medication (both prescription and over-the-counter) with discussion about the person’s medicine-taking routine. The conversation is private and confidential. Participants can ask questions and get tips on reducing or avoiding medication side effects, schedules, and more.
If you are turning 65 or going on Medicare soon, here is an opportunity for you to get the information you need. The “Medicare Basics” workshop will cover the parts of Medicare- hospital, medical and drug options; including original/ traditional Medicare, Medicare supplements, Medicare advantage plans, Part D prescription drug coverage and preventive benefits.
Boost Your Brain
Attend this free three-session class on how to boost your memory using practical tips and techniques. We will learn about different types of memory, how memory works, normal changes in memory and cognition as we age, ways to support three phases of memory, and ways to remain independent and safe.
Tuesday Walking Club
Interested in joining others in a great, fun workout? Then consider being a member of the new Tuesday Walking Club. In partnership with Faribault Parks and Recreation, we have arranged a schedule for a once weekly walk around Faribault. There is no pre-registration necessary, just show up every Tuesday at 10:30am in the following locations:
- June 26th at Faribault Middle School
- July 10th at Alexander Park
- July 17th at Faribault Senior Center
- July 24th at Middle School
- July 31st at Teepee Tonka Park
- August 7th at Alexander Park
- August 14th at the Senior Center
Senior Sock Hop
Put your glad rags on and join the fun!
Start your night with a "Build your own Burger Bar". Cost: suggested donation of $4.00/person for those age 60 and older, $7.00/person under 60
Then walk down the hall to the gymnasium for two hours of oldies music!
All ages are welcomed to attend.
Keepsake Cidery Tour
The cidery buzzes in the middle of Woodskeep Orchard using local apples to make hard ciders. Many family and friends helped plant the orchard in the spring of 2014, and when in full production, the surrounding trees will provide the bulk of the apples for pressing. From planting the trees, to picking, pressing, fermenting, and bottling, it is hands on through the entire process.
Tour of MRG Tool and Die
MRG Tool and Die has been headquartered in Faribault since Mike Gramse founded the company in 1979. Originally the company built metal stamping dies, then expanded to plastic injection molds and special equipment. The family company was named Small Business of the Year in 2012 by MN Business Magazine.
Tour of 10,000 Drops Distillery
10,000 Drops is a new craft distillery located in the former Peterson Art Furniture building in Faribault. Come and see how the space has been refurbished and learn about the distillery process for whiskey, bourbon, and rum.